- One experiment in etching a simple design onto a large, clear bevel. Moderate success with the first stage. Now I need to figure out how much more detail to add and whether or not to integrate colour (read on).
- Two experiments in painting on glass with lead-free acrylics. My heart wants to use traditional stained glass methods and paints, however, they require special handling and wearing a face mask to protect my lungs. This creates significant risks for my birds who are frequent visitors to my workshop. The lead-free acrylics need to dry for 24 hours and then bake in my oven at home.
- One experiment in multi-dimensional design to push the envelope on the creation of structures as opposed to panels.
- One commission has been designed. The next step is to review the glass selections with the client, also tied to the experiments in painting on glass.
- Options are also floating through my head for the use of a small number of camera lenses which I recently acquired. I think they will really add something different to my panels!
I think I need more hours in my days!